2019 වසරේ අපනයන ආදායම මාසිකව දෙවන වරටත් ඩොලර් බිලියන 1 ඉක්මවයි.
- 7.5% growth propels second consecutive month of $ 1 b plus performance
- Industrial exports mainly contributed to growth of export earnings, driven by textiles and garments, rubber products, machinery and mechanical appliances and food, beverages and tobacco.
- Agricultural exports earnings grew YoY for first time since Feb 2018, due to growth in coconut, seafood, vegetables, unmanufactured tobacco exports
- CB and Govt. measures apply brakes on imports to dip for third consecutive month by 17.8% to $ 1.65 b
- Trade deficit shrinks to $ 617 m in Jan, compared to $ 701 m in Dec 2018 and $ 1.05 b in Jan 2018
Sri Lanka’s exports have got off to a positive start in 2019, recording healthy growth and topping the $ 1 billion mark, whilst regulatory measures checked imports, leading to a lower trade deficit in January.